Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Rogue Voodoo Donut Bacon Maple Ale (Bread).

all photos on this post by the great scott haydon



We were gifted a very special bottle of beer the other day from our friend Sandy. Rogue Ales collaborated with Voodoo Donut to make Rogue Voodoo Donut Bacon Maple Ale. The result is a beer that is truly something else. It is like someone stuffed a very sweet and savory breakfast into a bottle of beer and shook it up. It is a beer that I took one sip of and could only think - this beer is begging to be a baked good. I know what you're thinking, that this beer was co-created by a BAKERY, of course it would cause one to think of baked goods. I can't fault your logic there. But still! Let's make magic.



My favorite kind of baked good is cupcake. My second favorite kind of baked good is bread. Tonight we took a honey beer bread recipe and turned it into something wonderful. And my kitchen smells amazing. This loaf of bread is getting cut into slices and sent to work with Scott and some honey butter. Yum!

This recipe was adapted from this really good recipe.

Adaptations I made to the original recipe: I used brown sugar instead of white. I sprinkled the top of the dough with a little additional brown sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment