Monday, February 13, 2012

The Food Matters Project: Chipotle-Glazed Sweet Potatoes

photo by scott haydon


The kick-off recipe for the Food Matters Project, Chipotle-glazed squash skewers, was hosted by 20 Something Cupcakes and can be found here. Yes, the original recipe is a squash recipe, and yes, I made it with sweet potatoes instead. I like squash but I had sweet potatoes on hand so went with them.

I followed the glaze portion of the recipe without any adaptations. Instead of skewers, I cut my sweet potatoes into fries. I "marinated" the fries in glaze and threw them in the oven. I also made a dipping sauce for the fries. I have a favorite chipotle dip that uses many of the same flavors as the Food Matters recipe.



(For the chipotle-lime dip) I food processed: vegenaise, cilantro, lime juice, and chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and served it cold with the fresh-out-of-the-oven sweet potato fries. The vegenaise toned down some of the heat and the sauce went well with the glaze.

This was a great recipe and I really enjoyed how quick and easy it all came together.

No comments:

Post a Comment