Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Salted Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cookies


This recipe was adapted from this really good recipe.

I didn't have any pastry flour. But I learned (via the wonder that is google) that you can substitute a cake flour/all purpose flour custom blend for the pastry flour. In a 2.1 ratio. So I did that. Instead of chopped milk chocolate, I used roughly 1 1/2 cups of milk chocolate & dark chocolate chips. I also used chunky peanut butter instead of creamy.

I am not a fan of huge cookies. I like to make them small so that I can eat more and still feel like I'm not eating too much. That said, I preheated my oven to 350 but I used a large spoon instead of a 1/4 cup measurement and I baked my cookies for 12 minutes instead of 15 to 18.

These cookies are amazing. They have extra salt in them and it leads to a delicious lingering salty peanuty chocolaty flavor. They are very tender and crumbly in a messy but fantastic kind of way.

No comments:

Post a Comment