Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Food Matters Project: Roasted Potatoes with Green Romesco





Hello! This week's Food Matters Project recipe is hosted by Mireya and you can see her recipe here.

I spent the weekend outside as much as possible. I went with some of my favorite people to the Golden Gardens Park in Seattle to kick back and watch musicians play at the Artist Home Bonfire Series. It was an amazing (and FREE) experience and I highly recommend that if you find yourself in Seattle on August 26th you should check out the last Bonfire Series event of the summer. I know I'll be there.

This week's recipe came in handy. I had a dinner potluck to attend and wanted to bring along something quick and easy and tasty. I am mildly obsessed with tomatillos so I took this opportunity to make a green version of Bittman's Romesco sauce.  Otherwise I followed the original recipe pretty closely.

Adapted from the Food Matters Cookbook.

Romesco Sauce
1/2 cup almonds, roasted
1 large green bell pepper, roasted and roughly chopped
5 small green tomatillos, roasted and quartered
1 garlic clove
1 cup fresh parsley
2 tablespoons champagne vinegar

Combine the above ingredients in the food processor. Drizzle with olive oil until you've reached the consistency you want. I think I ended up with 3 tablespoons or so and my romesco was still a little chunky.

Place in refrigerator until use.

I roasted red potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper in a 405 degree oven for about 30 minutes. I recommend cutting your potatoes into consistent sized chunks and stirring occasionally until roasted to your preference.

Serve the roasted potatoes with the green romesco, and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you about getting in the sun! I'm on the Eastside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to use tomatillos. I only had green peppers but was struggling with the idea that it might come out brown if I mixed the red tomatoes with green peppers!

    ReplyDelete