Saturday, April 28, 2012

Mango & Cucumber Salsa with Pork Tenderloin



We made a delicious dinner the other night. One that we plan to make again and again throughout the upcoming summer and barbeque season. I like this meal for several reasons. One, it's an extremely simple recipe that doesn't take much work to make it all come together. Two, it is easily modified to fit the ingredients you have in your kitchen. Three, it's uber healthy and light and refreshing. Plus, Scott likes it and if there'd been any leftovers, I'm sure they would have been awesome. I already know that I'd like to try this out again using granny smith apples in the salsa.



I want to talk about meat for a second. I am somewhat of a careless person when it comes to cooking meat. I like my beef pretty rare. I don't mind a little pinkness in pork or salmon. I will admit to cooking chicken completely and I'm still working on finding that fine line of done but not overdone. I tend to error on the side of undercooking meat because I hate it when meat gets tough. That said, I care about the health (aka: non-food-poisoned-status-of) my family and friends and I think I've gotten pretty good at cooking meat consistently. I don't own a meat thermometer. And I tend to just start cutting away at meat when I think it should be done. I know why you aren't supposed to do that and I just do it anyway.

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did!

salsa
1 mango, chopped
1/2 english cucumber, quartered and sliced
1/4 large red onion, diced
1 jalapeno pepper, diced
several mint leaves, chopped
1 lime, zest and juice
pepper

combine and set aside.

pork tenderloin
1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
salt and pepper

Heat oven to 425.
Pat tenderloin dry and salt and pepper.
Bake until juices run clear or internal temp hits 140/150. I cooked my pork tenderloin for about 30 minutes.

Serve pork with salsa. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment